The first 40 days are the most delicate and difficult.
I am expatriate from Italy to Norway. I am the mother of a son born in Italy and a daughter born here in Oslo. I had two different experiences in post-natal support. In Italy I had my family and friends and I had no one here. Despite the support received in Italy, I felt very lonely anyway.
The Positive Birth Movement is a grass roots movement, spreading positivity about childbirth via a global network of free Positive Birth groups, linked up by social media.
We believe that every woman deserves a positive birth!
What does positive birth mean to you?
By that we mean that…
- Women are where they want to be
- Choices are informed by reality not fear
- Mothers are empowered and enriched
- Memories are warm and proud
Our movement exists because, at a global level, many women are not currently having a positive birth. We hold the birth experience to be of fundamental importance, to mothers, to fathers, to babies, to families and to society. We wish to change birth for the better.
Our aim is to:
- Challenge the culture of negativity and fear that exists around birth
- Share positive birth experiences
- Share information about choices and rights in childbirth
- Encourage women to raise their expectations of childbirth
And we will do this by:
- Establishing a network of free to attend positive birth groups
- Linking all groups together via social media to build a global network of shared expertise, power and positivity
- Working together to challenge the culture of fear that surrounds birth
- Empowering women to approach birth differently
We currently meet on the last Wednesday of each month at the Baker Hansen in Storo Storsenter from 10:30 to 12:00.
You are welcome to join us in the FB group.
Sometimes I fail to organize the meeting because of my doula work. Please, always check if the group meets on the established day by visiting our event page or register to our newsletters to keep you updated on upcoming events.
You can also contact me here, by email.
I hope to meet many of you.