A three hours class to help you on discover what do you really what from your birth, what are your biggest fears regarding the birth of your baby and release them.
Expectant parents, moms and dads, often face many fears, pressure and discomfort of any kind about the upcoming birth of their child:
- How bad will the pain be?
- Will I be able to cope with it?
- Will I lose control?
- Will I be a good parent?
- Is this world a safe place for my baby?
- Can I be a good support person?
- Can I cope with seeing her in pain?
- Will any of my needs get met during the labor and birth?
It is absolutely normal to have worries when we are going into an unknown experience. The same fears that during pregnancy we might ignore, during childbirth could become overwhelming because we are more vulnerable.
For this reason, it is important to work on fears before giving birth.
What are the effects of fear on labor?
- Increased pain for mom: Fear tends to increase muscle tension. The more tense our bodies are, the more pain we experience.
- Possible increase in heart rate, blood pressure, and breathing rate. These can develop because fear activates adrenaline, and a fight or flight response.
- Possible complications with labor: Adrenaline neutralizes the effect of oxytocin, the hormone which stimulates labor contractions, which dilate the cervix, and bring baby down through the birth canal. If fear blocks oxytocin, it may lead to longer labor, failure to progress, more medical intervention to move labor along, or to deliver the baby.
- Feel empowered as mother and woman.
- Envision your ideal birth.
- Navigate your fears, release it, and leave from this session feeling at ease and confident.
- Brief introduction and relaxation through guided meditation.
- Recognition, analysis, and release of your fears.
- Envision your ideal birth, in safety and strength.
- An energy work will follow to support emotional healing.
The class is focused on being:
- Highly interactive and participative
- Unbiased and non judgmental
Attending this class will give you a 10% discount on one of my packages.