Massages during pregnancy help the woman to better face the physical and hormonal changes typical of this phase.
Massage during pregnancy: what it is for and how it is done
Becoming a mother is one of the greatest joys that can occur in a woman’s life. The 9 months waiting for the new birth, however, are not only made of happiness and emotion for the future mother. During pregnancy the woman is subject to a series of transformations due to changes in the hormonal balance. Increased weight, fatigue, muscle and joint pain, anxiety and stress are just some of the annoyances that characterize the gestation period. The massage in pregnancy is a practice that helps the woman to better face the new physiological changes and alleviate all those physical and psychological ailments deriving from it.
The treatment takes place in a well-ventilated environment and with music in the background, to take advantage of the relaxing effect of music therapy. The maneuvers focus mainly on the spine, the pelvic region and the back muscles. In order not to affect the health of the fetus, the woman is placed on her back or on her side.
The main benefits of prenatal massage are:
- It relieves joint pain in the neck, back and sciatic nerve
- Helps maintain correct posture
- Reduces swelling of hands and feet
- Relieves headaches
- Prepares muscles for childbirth
- Stimulates blood circulation
- Improves the beauty of the skin because it makes it more elastic. For this reason it is effective against stretch marks.
- Give a strong feeling of relaxation that helps fight stress and guarantees a good night’s sleep.
- Reduces muscle tension, cramps, stiffness
- Reduce pain
- Reduce depression and anxiety
- Reduce stress
- Improve energy level
- Improve coordination
- Stimulate the immune system
- Give good mood
- Improve physical and mental balance
- Increase endorphins, serotonin, dopamine and oxytocin hormones level
Massage during pregnancy is generally not risky for women’s health, but there are some contraindications that must necessarily be known. The treatment is to be avoided in cases of:
- Nausea, dizziness (ask the doctor particularly during the first trimester)
- High risk pregnancy
- In a risk group for miscarriage
- Skin conditions
- In case of contagious illness
- Tuberculosis, hemophilia, appendicitis, kidney damage
Massages during pregnancy are not recommended during the first three months, a period necessary for the woman to become familiar with her new physical and hormonal condition. After the first trimester it is possible to carry out the treatment once a week.
|Single Session (1 hour)||Package (10 sessions)|
Do you want to know more about it?
Take contact with me