This article is also available in Italian
We know that we can use certain foods instead of drugs, but we also know that in the period of pregnancy and lactation we have to be more cautious.
Prepare a tea with the leaves of raspberries for a stimulating effect on milk production and to achieve a relaxing, rejuvenating and strengthening the uterus.
It is suggest to be used the last three months of pregnancy and during labor, when it is particularly advantageous and preferably after consultation with your doctor even if no adverse effects have been observed in any of the numerous studies of red raspberry leaf used during pregnancy and/or labor, even when consumed daily.
Anyway you can still enjoy the sweet red fruit! In fact, both are rich in iron, vitamin C and are also very good.
- “Of all the herbs that might be considered for labor preparation, raspberry leaf appears to be the safest.”
- “Daily use [of raspberry leaf] supports hormonal changes during pregnancy and after giving birth, after a miscarriage or abortion, throughout menopause, after a hysterectomy or any surgery in the pelvic area.”
- “Raspberry leaves contain fragrine, a compound known to have a special affinity for the muscles of the pelvic area and the uterus.”
- “Raspberry leaf tea tonifies the uterine muscle and thus directly influences the power of contractions and the number of hours the uterus can be functionally strong.”
- “It is safe to take raspberry at any stage of pregnancy. No adverse effects have been observed in any of the numerous studies of red raspberry leaf used during pregnancy and/or labor, even when consumed daily.”
- “It is also said to reduce pain and uterine swelling and to minimize bleeding after childbirth.”
Some additional information. The raspberry contains 25 mg of vitamin C every 100 grams of fresh product. Be careful that the heat, the contact with the oxygen of the fruit juice and the lack of freshness decreases drastically the amount. The best thing to preserve the vitamin C is to freeze the fresh product.
However the fruit most rich in vitamin C is the currant which contains 200 mg per 100 g of product.
A pregnant woman is supposed to need a daily dose of 70 mg of vitamin C while a nursing mother should take 90 mg a day of vit.C.
Infusion of leaves of raspberry
- a tablespoon of raspberry leaves
- 125ml water
Place a spoonful of leaves in 125 ml of water at 90 ° C and leave to infuse for at least 6 minutes.
Lamponi per rafforzare l’utero